Currently in cvs witme, which will become witme 0.1
- Uses Evas, gEvas, and imLib2 for ultimate render speed.
- Inline viewing of png, jpg, and other imlib2 handled image types.
- Based on Model-View-Controller. Many views of the same directory can
be shown at the same time. Each view can have its own filter and sorting
- Uses scheme (guile) to allow scripting of execution that involves witme
- Can be scripted in scheme, perl, ruby, and python at startup (only scheme
- Can call other scheme scripts from a scheme script, similar to shell
- Uses FAM to update views in near real time to reflect current disk contents.
- Support for podfuk to allow browsing of rpm, tgz, cpio files as directories.
- Cascading sorts: A view can be sorted on file size then file creation
time, then by name. This nesting can be done to any level.
- Ability to apply "filters" to a view. These are a binary predicate that
tells witme if a file or dir should be included in a view or not. These filters
are very basic scheme, which allows access to POSIX regex and other scheme
to construct advanced predicates.
- Configuration data is stored through a proxy allowing multiple backends
for config data. Currently only edb is supported.
- Most configuration is done in near real time.
See the TODO file for up-and-coming features.
Feel free to send a patch against cvs witme to the mailing lists, though
a breif talk about what you are intending todo would be nice before effort
is spent on something that may be better done in another way.